2021 Scheduled Events
To attend any events please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 307-455-3429 with questions.
To read more about each specific event, visit this page.
- June-September, 2021: Every Wednesday at the park – Yoga on the Lawn; proceeds/donations to benefit the NBSC. 12:00 PM -1:00 PM
- June 20, 2021: Botany Hike with Meredith Taylor and Lynn Stewart; Out East Fork Road – Meet at NBSC at 10:00 AM and caravan out to the East Fork for hike. If not meeting at the Center, meet at East Fork Road and Highway 26/287 at 10:15. Hike will be from approximately 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM. This event is for current members of the National Bighorn Sheep Center or the Wyoming Native Plants Society. Not a member? Find out how to join here!
- June 23, 2021: Kid’s Corner: Pneumonia in Bighorn Sheep – Learn about disease in wild sheep and why it is such a challenge. 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM located at the NBSC. $3/student. Call 455-3429 or email karen@bighorn,org to pre-register.
- July 3, 2021: Celebrate the National Bighorn Sheep Center’s 28th birthday! Beginning at 12:00 PM we will be serving food and drinks to celebrate; located at 10 Bighorn Lane.
- July 4, 2021: Dubois Annual 4th of July Parade; come support the NBSC’s float and celebrate Independence Day!
- July 13, 2021: “Annual Mystery Sheep Trap Trek”: Dubois Museum & National Bighorn Sheep Center: Fee $10 per person. Advanced registration required, no exceptions! – 9:00 am-3:00 pm
Previous Events and Recordings:
- February 27 2021 Annual Meeting…click here to watch the recording!
- March 4, 2021: PART 1 Winter’s Animal Tracks & Sign with Bruce S. Thompson – Learning to Read the Wild Signatures in the Snow, via ZOOM from 6:30-8:45 PM MST
- March 6 2021: PART 2 Winter’s Animal Tracks & Sign with Bruce S. Thompson – FIELD Day! 10:00 AM-2:00 PM MST, Falls Creek parking area, west of Dubois WY
- March 18, 2021: Virtual Happy Hour with Jackson Hole Land Trust – 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM; Watch the recording of this event HERE.
- March 25, 2021: Archaeology in Bighorn Habitat via ZOOM with Larry Todd, PhD; Watch the recording of this even HERE.
- April 8, 2021: Bacterial Pathogens and Respiratory Disease in Bighorn Sheep with Hank Edwards; Watch the recording of this event HERE.
- April 22, 2021: Screening of “Denizens of the Steep” at NBSC. Watch the film HERE if you missed this event!
- April 24, 2021: Sheep Center Community hike – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM at Trail Lake Road wildlife-viewing kiosk.
- May 7, 2021: Sheep Center Spring Clean up; Come volunteer and help staff clean up inside and outside the Center! 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- May 15, 2021: iNaturalist training. Learn to identify various plant species with the iNaturalist App! 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM MST at Pete’s Pond.
- May 16, 2021: Community Stewardship Project: Trail Clearing in Whiskey Basin at Trail Lake Road Kiosk; 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- June 2, 2021: Kid’s Corner: Explore Mason Draw! This program and hike will teach kids all-things outdoors, partnering with the Dubois Museum – 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- June 9, 2021: Kid’s Corner: Color Crazy – This program will teach kids about camouflage and how color makes it easier to survive – 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM located at the NBSC
- June 10, 2021: Ten Reasons Our Badlands are Anything but Bad Part 1 – 6:30:00 PM – 8:30 PM via ZOOM with Bruce S. Thompson. Please register with this FORM and we will email you the ZOOM link.
- June 12, 2021: Ten Reasons Our Badlands are Anything but Bad Part 2 – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at King Fisher Trailhead. Bring a lunch! Please register with this FORM so we know how many to expect.
- June 16, 2021: Kid’s Corner: Amazing Animals – Learn about the amazing athleticism of wild animals. 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM located at the NBSC. $3/student. Call 455-3429 or email karen@bighorn,org to pre-register.